Customize territory labels
This article describes how to customize map labels for sales territories. It also shows how to add territory labels to map.
Related article: Customize map layer labels.
In Map Business Online territory labels show only territory name by default. You can customize territory label and add summarized business or Census demographic data to territory label as described below.
- Territory labels’ properties are accessible from ‘Manage map and data’ dialog. Follow these instructions to open the dialog:
- Open Map & Data window if it is not already open. Click the tab with blue arrow centered on the left side of map.
- Move mouse pointer over map layer name in Map & Data window and click gear icon that will appear. Choose map layer that represents the base (alignment layer) of your sales territories. For example if you built sales territories by ZIP codes then click gear icon for ZIP codes layer.
- In ‘Manage map and data’ dialog select Labels tab. On the Labels tab you can edit territory label’s text size, style, color and alignment. Choose to show label in a box and box color.
Click ‘Add territory labels’ button to show labels for all territories.
Click ‘Format labels’ button to change territory labels content.
- Inside ‘Format labels’ dialog select ‘Territory labels’ tab.
- Choose if you want to show separator between territory name and additional data inside territory label by checking corresponding box.
- Check ‘Total #1’ box to show summarized data inside territory label. Select data variable to summarize. You can choose any numeric data column from datasets, which you plotted on map, or any variable from Census demographic data provided with Map Business Online. Edit label line’s prefix if necessary.
Finally click ‘Change labels’ button to update territory labels on map.