Share public interactive map
This article describes how to share interactive map with your friends and colleagues.
Related article: Create new map, save map, or open existing map.
- To share a map you first need ... to create a map. Whenever you start Map Business Online it either loads last used map or creates new map based on Streets map template.
- Once you have your map ready, click ‘Share interactive map’ icon on Map Business Online toolbar.
- If map is in modified state then Map Business Online will save it for you. If map was never saved before on server then Save map dialog will popup. Enter map name and click ‘Save & Share’ button.
‘Share map’ dialog pops up where you can select to share current map or to make it private. Choose if you allow exporting data from Data window and if password is required to open the map.
Click ‘Share map’ button.
Warning: Don’t share map with confidential data. Anyone, who receives the map link from you, will see that data. Even if you set the map private later, users may still have your data captured.
Once your map is successfully shared you will see ‘Share map results’ dialog.
Copy map link (map URL) from ‘Map link’ box. Or click ‘Open link’ button to view your shared map. For your convenience there is ‘Show e-mail’ button that will create e-mail template for you with the link to the shared map.
Finally click ‘Done’ button to close ‘Share map results’ dialog.
- When user opens shared map link (map URL) in Internet browser, she will see the map as you have saved it. User can search shared map by circle or polygon, print map, save map as image, view data in Data window, export data (if you have allowed that), and do routing.
- Whenever you want to update shared map just save it on server by clicking ‘Save map’ icon on Map Business Online toolbar.
- If you happen to lose shared map link, just click ‘Share interactive map’ icon on main toolbar. Inside ‘Share map’ dialog click ‘Show map viewing instructions’ button.