Plot data from salesforce.com
To plot your data from salesforce.com follow the steps below:
- Launch Internet browser and log into your account with salesforce.com.
- In order to use salesforce.com data in Map Business Online the data must be
exported into Excel or text file. Click 'Reports' on salesforce.com web page.
- Select existing report or create new report by following Create New Custom Report
wizard. Report must contain address information (Billing Street, Billing City, Billing
State/Province, Billing ZIP/Postal Code, Billing Country) to be plotted and customer
or vendor name for labels on the map. In addition you may want to add business data
like sales, revenues, or products to create color coded map (for example Annual
Revenue, Employees, Product).
- After report has been selected click 'Export Details' to save report results into file.
- Select Excel format and keep default encoding (ISO-8859-1). Click ‘Export’. Specify export file name in ‘Save As…’ dialog.
- Follow instructions on how to Plot data from Microsoft® Excel
using Excel file you have just saved.