Segment customers by territory
This article explains how to segment customer list by territory.
In MBO you can view primary territory or territory list for a customer record. Here we demonstrate how to export segmented customer list into a file that can be then imported into Excel®.
Before we start plot your customer dataset on map and setup sales territories. Use these articles as a guide on the topics: Plot data from Microsoft® Excel, Manually create territories one-by-one, Import territories from a file.
- Customer segmentation is available from Data window. To open Data Window just click the table icon on the main MBO toolbar.
- Now select your customer dataset in Data window (Contacts in the example below).
- Click ‘Export dataset’ icon on Data window toolbar.
- ‘Export data’ wizard will start. On the first page of the wizard check the ‘Segment data records by territory’ box and choose Territories in the layer drop-down. There is also the option to export only records assigned to a territory that you may choose.
Click Next button.
- Follow ‘Export data’ wizard flow to save the customer record file segmented by territory. That’s it!