Why Your Business Needs Enterprise-Ready Business Mapping Software
From the stunningly complex to the beautifully simple, business software can help companies in new and novel ways, improving efficiency and procedures to create a more balanced and functional workplace. Among these highly useful programs is business mapping software.
Business mapping software is a type of program that leverages geographic information as a central part of its functionality. Instead of the text and table data format you see in customer relationship managers (CRM) and other sales-related software, business mapping software presents imported data in terms of address-based geographic locations. Not only does this powerful software allow for improved business visualizations, but it also helps improve business efficiency and cost savings.
Possibly the most functional and affordable mapping software on the market today is Map Business Online. We’ve been developing mapping software for over two decades, striving to provide the most effective way to maximize productivity for businesses of all sizes, up to enterprise-level corporations. Map Business Online stands out for its unique certifications, full suite of features, and impressive benefits.
Certified for Enterprise
In 2016, Map Business Online was proud to announce our software’s certification by the Skyhigh Networks Cloud Trust™ program. Skyhigh Networks’ unique program evaluates thousands of cloud- based services each year, putting them through a set of rigorous tests. These tests ensure any certified software meets a set of highly detailed criteria, developed by the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) to guarantee software’s security and functionality in real world applications.
The tested criteria fall into five primary testing regions, including:
- Data protection: Data security is the primary concern of the Cloud Trust™ program. Evaluators closely monitor everything from internal controls to service practices, verifying the protection and maintenance of customer data. Security certifications are of particular interest to evaluators, such as those for ISO, PCI and HIPAA compliance. Data center protection measures and data backup practices are also scrutinized within this testing region.
- Identity verification: One of the most important components of cloud security is identity verification. Ideally, each time a user attempts to access the software, they must pass multiple authentication steps, such as the traditional password, IP address checks, security questions and email or phone number verifications. Identity verification allows software to minimize access to anonymous users and track user access logs, improving security and data protection overall.
- Service security: Meeting service security criteria involves examining the practices of the business as a whole, not just the software. Are there proper protocols in place to verify the identity and access of a user calling in to tech support? Has the support team received proper security training? To what extent can sales and support teams access customer data from their end of the system?
- Business practices: Valid and ethical business practices are yet another criterion of the Cloud Trust™ program. While it’s expected that every business should practice ethical behavior, cloud-based software businesses are held to a higher standard due to the risks associated with their service.
To this end, Cloud Trust™ analyzes the history and performance of each tested business, looking for red flags such as data breaches, malware hosting, infrequent security testing procedures or a history of legal and financial troubles. While these flags aren’t always indicative of future trouble, these probes can direct investigators in their examination of the business’ current status.
- Legal protection: Legal protection is the final criterion within the Cloud Trust™ testing process. This section of testing involves probes into the software business’ practices and legal protections. From IP ownership to data sharing policies, Cloud Trust™ analyzes every part of the business’ protocols and provisions to ensure the legality of the service from head to toe.
Those businesses that achieve the highest Cloud Trust™ ratings in each criterion receive a designation of Skyhigh Enterprise-Ready. This designation indicates the software met the most stringent requirements for all five categories and is suitable for the most demanding applications. Map Business Online is one of these enterprise-ready software services, meeting every Cloud Trust™ criterion to receive Skyhigh’s Enterprise-Ready stamp of approval.
This just confirms what we already know — Map Business Online is the best enterprise-ready business mapping software on the market!
Map Business Online is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS), featuring all the data protection you need to keep your business information secure. We also provide a full suite of features to improve your business processes from the ground up. Just a few of the enterprise-ready features Map Business Online offers include:
Each one of these features has undergone analysis and clearance by the Cloud Trust™ program, ensuring each feature is safe and secure for even the largest enterprises. This means you can worry less about the security of your data and instead focus all your efforts on your business.
These features offer enterprises new levels of functionality and efficiency, offering benefits that text and table data systems simply can’t. Some of the most impressive benefits Map Business Online offers to enterprise-level users include:
- Powerful Customer Insights: Knowing which customers want what products is crucial to effective selling. Misunderstanding demographic and sales data in your sales territories can lead to overestimations of market potential, among other errors. Map Business Online helps avoid this by providing geographic context for demographic information, allowing you and your team to better understand and analyze the data so you can make the right sales and marketing decisions.
- Balanced Workloads: Inefficient or inaccurate sales territory information can leave some of your salespeople with much more work than others. Not only can this result in reduced productivity, but it can also negatively affect your employee and customer satisfaction. For enterprise level businesses, this simply isn’t acceptable.
Map Business Online offers a solution in the form of a sales territory monitoring tool. This tool allows management to properly understand the demographic information of each area and distribute territories evenly, balancing workloads more effectively. Instead of worrying about their workload, team members can spend more time each day obtaining and serving new customers.
- Competition Monitoring: Running a business effectively involves understanding your competition. It’s too easy to lose track of your competition’s efforts within your sales territories, misjudging their influence in any given area. With an enterprise level business mapping program, you can take the guesswork out of the equation. A mapping program can help your business analyze the geographic spread of your competition, while simultaneously helping judge their market penetration and demographic appeal. This allows you to respond to your competition’s efforts, effectively honing in on underserved markets and populations.
- Customer Communication: Do you want to engage your clients with compelling presentations? Spreadsheets and pie charts are nice, but can get to be confusing and even boring after a while. Who wants to listen to a stream of numbers or look at a sequence of squares and circles for an hour? A map, however, is visually interesting, and it also places your data in context, making the facts and figures easier to understand. People instinctively relate to states, zip codes and counties. Whether you’re trying to convince a potential client to sign up, or updating an existing client on your business’ current efforts, sharing a visually stimulating map can help seal the deal.
- Supply Chain Modeling: Supply chain businesses often track their information in confusing tabular data charts, resulting in mishandled data and lost business details. Map Business Online, on the other hand, can help put things into perspective.
Mapping software helps supply chain businesses visualize their supply hierarchies and delivery routes, using powerful planning and mapping features to help plan, reschedule and adjust the supply chain, minimize costs and improve overall efficiency. Drive time analysis maps are particularly interesting to supply chain managers.
- 24/7 Access: The best part about being on the cloud? Users can access their sales mapping software from anywhere there’s an Internet connection. From sales teams traveling across the country to mangers checking in during their vacation, anyone with the proper level of access can login at any time of day or night to update the map and coordinate with colleagues.
These benefits and more maximize your productivity and profitability while driving down time wasters and travel expenses. Improved visualization and monitoring capabilities grant you and your team a more complete view of your enterprise, providing you with the information you need to make informed business decisions. That is the power of Map Business Online’s enterprise-ready mapping software.
Learn More About Map Business Online
Map Business Online & SpatialTEQ, Inc. geospatial software developers have been providing innovative sales territory mapping solutions for two decades. Since 1996, we’ve strived to help salesforces across all industries improve their productivity and efficiency. From healthcare and financial organizations to retail empires, our enterprise mapping software has given sales and marketing professionals across North America more functionality than ever before with a system that works with them to improve their business.
Sign up for a free 1-month trial today and see why Map Business Online is the best business mapping software on the market.