The first thing a new business mapping user does, based on our internal stats, is import data and view it on the map. But what data are they importing and how are they using their business mapping software?
Well, in this blog we often discuss the example of customer and prospect data as imported into Map Business Online. While customer data is common, there are many different types of data imported into Map Business Online online mapping software. It’s not always about sales organizations.
Examples of Data Applications in Map Business Online
We regularly speak to Map Business Online trial users or subscription owners who import business data for the following applications:
· Residential listings for voter canvasing. These data layers tend to be large and reflect densely populated areas. Campaign workers go door to door to inform or simply speak with voters based on address datasets imported into Map Business Online. Imported data is used to generate target lists and routes.
· ATM cash machines. As you might imagine, tracking ATM machines is pretty critical. (Remember that episode in Breaking Bad with the ATM in the living room?) Usually, valuable equipment like ATM’s are geolocated and tracked by latitude and longitude coordinates. Additional data columns in the imported data might include last inspection time and machine status.
· Bill Board locations. Still a primary marketing tool, bill boards require updates and inspections for a variety of reasons. A dataset of bill boards might be tracked on a map by marketing campaign. Additional data columns might include the number of advertising platforms per board, inspection dates, front side & back side, and advertising expiration dates.
· Retail display or end cap placements. Large retailers let third-party inventory providers manage their own displays. Many are outsourced to display management firms. These Map Business Online users have to track where displays have been located by retailer, the dates of expiration, and other pertinent campaign data. Often display specific maintenance reps are routed to these locations based on a timed schedule.
· Swimming pool maintenance. How many swimming pools are there in North America anyway? Look at an aerial image to get a sense of it. The installation of a swimming pool is expensive, but I think contractors make more money on the upkeep of pools than they do on installations. We’ve got a lot of pool companies using Map Business Online to track pool chemical treatments and maintenance records by address. This is a classic service business application of Map Business Online. And they also use the tool for marketing campaigns.
· Guess who conducts a lot of market analysis using Map Business Online? Dentists and orthodontists. I suspect they tend to analyze the demographics of groups of ZIP codes, looking for expendable income and children of a certain age. So, ZIP code imports and ZIP code market areas of interest, are commonly subjected to a market analysis to determine new potential areas for expansion. Fortunately for me, my kids both have pretty good nice teeth.
· At Map Business Online we get calls from Banks all the time. These could be from smaller banks or credit unions or larger financial institutions. These guys will import client data and prospect data for marketing campaigns or for analysis. But they’ll also import home or business location address data with associated assessment values or business based values. Such data can provide banks with a visualization of their loan pools and associated risks.
· Similar to banks, Realtors will view residential and business address databases. For realtors these home locations are actually inventory records. If you’ve shopped for a house lately you’re familiar with the accuracy limitations of Zillow and other real estate websites. Houses of interest are suddenly “sale pending.” In some cases, later you’ll find out the sale fell through. Open houses come and go. Sometimes it helps to maintain your own portfolio of properties.
· Marketing Agencies use Map Business Online to manage their campaigns by location. Think about newspaper ads. How does one track all of those retail ads shoved into the Sunday papers? Well they are tracked, and mapping applications help because a user can initiate, monitor, and assess campaigns by ZIP code map. Store traffic records are also tracked and compared against campaign ads and discounts to determine the most effective ads.
Imported data used for map visualization is a great way to control business processes. And if you’re business isn’t doing it, you may not be selling as much as you could be.
NEW! Refer a business associate to Map Business Online in exchange for a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Find out why over 25,000 business users log into www.MapBusinessOnline.com for their business mapping software and advanced sales territory mapping solution.
Contact: Geoffrey Ives firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Henderson email@example.com (800) 425-9035