Google Earth’s KML file formats are used to transfer map files across many mainstream mapping applications. Now MapBusinessOnline supports KML/KMZ file transfers for territory maps and drawn figures. Overlay MapBusinessOnline created territories, lines, circles, and polygon drawings over third-party KML-enabled software.
We are excited to present MapBusinessOnline support for exporting KML and KMZ files as overlays in Google Earth, MyMaps.Google.com, and many other KML-enabled third-party business mapping software. MapBusinessOnline KML territory exports can also be imported into www.Salesforce.com maps.
All MapBusinessOnline Standard and MapBusinessOnline Pro subscriptions will now include KML/KMZ file export access for viewing and content integration with KML-enabled third-party software. KML export allows MapBusinessOnline users to merge informative business analysis and territory maps with the ubiquitous Google business mapping products.
MapBusinessOnline Master Toolbar Export Button
MapBusinessOnline users can now access KML/KMZ file export capabilities from the application’s Export Territory button on the right side of the Master Toolbar. Map creators can export drawn figures or territory map views from the dropdown options provided. Exported files are stored in a user-selected folder and accessed through third-party software import processes. Refer to MapBusinessOnline KML help documentation for exact instructions.
KML and KMZ are geographic file formats used within Google Earth and other Google mapping services. KML file formats enable overlays of geographies and drawn figures created in third-party applications onto the three-dimensional Google Earth digital globe for map work. Google Earth users will import the exported MapBusinessOnline KML territories and drawings into Google Earth as a project.
MapBusinessOnline’s KML export to Google Earth and KML-enabled software includes the following features and limitations:
- Territory color schemes and drawn figure colors created in MapBusinessOnline are preserved in Google Earth.
- Pan & Zoom navigation and drill-downs are preserved in Google Earth.
- Any MapBusinessOnline opaque territories and drawings will be rendered transparent in Google Earth, overriding opaque fill settings.
- Unfilled drawings in MapBusinessOnline remain unfilled in Google Earth.
- Original MapBusinessOnline label text is read by cursor-selecting territories in Google Earth.
- MapBusinessOnline Map Titles and Legends are not included in the exported KML files.
KML Overlay Applications
Critical applications of the MapBusinessOnline KML/KMZ support include:
- The ability to export franchise, sales, and service territories to a Google Earth map project, MyMaps.Google.com, or third-party KML-enabled software for business applications.
- The ability to mark up a business map in MapBusinessOnline using point, line, and polygon-drawn figures and share those drawings with KML-enabled mapping software users.
MapBusinessOnline KML/KMZ export has been a popular feature request for years by customers seeking to share territory maps and draw layers in various industries, including:
- Finance Industry – Banks and loan agencies conducting financial impact studies and generating business presentations.
- Food Service Industry – Restaurants must share territory maps with customers and partners to maintain service levels and differentiate from the competition.
- Franchise Businesses – Franchisor organizations seeking to share franchise territory maps with potential franchisee investors.
- Health Care Systems – Medicare facilities conduct intense market analysis as they consolidate disparate medical practices into a single network with defined areas of operation.
- Insurance Industry – Insurance sales associates, claims adjusters, and site location managers seeking to share territory maps with constituents.
- Retail Chains – District managers, sales analysts, and marketing associates conducting business analysis and marketing campaigns based on historical sales data and relevant demographic data drivers.
- Sales & Marketing Organizations – Sales and marketing professionals conducting marketing research and sales analysis for strategic and sales planning.
KML export is a customer-requested feature, once again showing how important it is to share your business mapping requirements and workflows with MapBusinessOnline so we can respond to relevant customer feature requests. Share your business map requirements to maintain MapBusinessOnline’s position as the best business mapping tool.