Number locations on map
This article describes how to mark customer or store locations with a number on
Color code dataset locations with circles.
Sometime you may need to number locations sequentially on map. In Map Business Online
you can show location number within circle.
- First of all you need to add Number column to your Excel or text file as you can
see on the picture below. Excel has variety of options to number rows. One is to
enter row number for first two rows, select cells with these numbers, and then drag
selection’s bottom right corner to fill numbers for other rows. Refer to Excel manual
for more information.
- Plot data on map as described in following article: Plot data from
Microsoft® Excel or
Plot data from text file. Make sure that you select Number column as additional
data column or check ‘Import all other data columns for reference’ box.
- Click color-coding with circle icon on Map Business Online toolbar (see below).
- Following page will appear only if you have more than one dataset on map. Select
dataset that has numbered locations.
Click Next button.
- On ‘Define color coding’ page in the box at the top select data column that has
Set minimum and maximum size to 70%. That size works well for numbers up to 99.
If you have greater numbers increase size respectively.
Choose the same color in both color boxes (see below). If you choose different colors
then actual circle color will change from first color to second color depending
on number. Use light colors so that black numbers are better readable.
Click Done button.
- Now you must get a map similar to one below.