Let’s compare MapBusinessOnline Standard’s Market Analysis button features to MapBusinessOnline Pro’s Market Analysis features.
Both versions of MapBusinessOnline allow for the import of location datasets, typically Excel spreadsheets, but the import could be a text file or even a database file. Read more about preparing Data for import into Map Business Online business mapping software.
Market Analysis in business mapping can mean many things. In MapBusinessOnline it means being able to generate complex map visualization with additional capabilities for analysis.
- Conduct spatial searches around up to 200 center points
- Import multiple layers of Demographic Data and imported data layer columns
- Generate reports for export that reflect a market’s characteristics and provide base-line marketing profiles supporting business expansion
MapBusinessOnline Standard Market Analysis offers these capabilities
- Draw a radius search around multiple center points at one time and query the area for imported data. There is a limit of 200 if you want the circle to be displayed on the map. Query results are exportable
- Find the Nearest locations when comparing two datasets, by a straight-line, as the crow flies, distance
MapBusinessOnline Pro Advanced Driving Distance and Time Queries
Before we go too far, keep in mind MapBusinessOnline Pro includes all the functions of Standard. If you upgrade to Pro, your costs will be prorated to accommodate your existing investment, and your Standard subscription’s remaining time credits.
MapBusinessOnline Standard market analysis tools use straight-line distances when conducting location-based queries. That’s the big difference between Standard and Pro. MapBusinessOnline Pro provides multiple center point queries with the option of choosing straight-line distance, driving time, driving distance, or some combination of all three when calculating distances and times between points.
These driving distance and time calculations across multiple points provide businesses with specific information, quickly:
- Location intelligence – data collection based on drive time and radius searches of demographic data around a series of plotted points
- Logistics planning information across a road network supporting field staff management and delivery systems
- Coverage Area Cost Assessments for businesses who require employee travel
- Competitive Market Analysis calculations of market viability and likely customer driving time windows
- Retail Expansion viability, also related to customer drive time toleration
- Emergency Healthcare Planning based on demographics surrounding multiple medical centers
- Product Placement at wholesale and retail locations
Import 250,000 Locations Points – Regions & Divisions
MapBusinessOnline Pro supports the import of up to 250,000 location points per map. That’s a lot of location data. You’ll be surprised to discover the cost of geocoding more than 10,000 records on a map at once. We do our best to offer a more competitive solution for mass geocoding within a cloud-based business mapping application. This means constantly reviewing the web-services market to assess the best geocoding for the money.
MapBusinessOnline Pro also provides hierarchical sales territory support for regions and division or whatever your company calls them – groups, zones, or just plain areas. Taken as a whole, we believe MapBusinessOnline Standard and Pro offer the best available sales territory management solutions on the market.
Here’s a list of some of the mapping functions available within MapBusinessOnline Standard and Pro (Keeping in mind Pro included all standard features):
- Radius Search – Standard
- Multiple Radius Search – Standard
- Drive Time Search – Standard
- Multiple Center Drive Time Search – Pro
- Drive Distance Search – Standard
- Multiple Center Driving Distance Search – Pro
- Create and Manage Territories – Standard
- Create Multiple Drive Time or Distance Territories at Once – Pro
- Create Regions & Divisions – Pro
- Summarize up to Ten Layers of Demographic Data by Area – Standard
- Summarize Multiple Demographic Layers by Territory for Reporting – Pro
- Enrich Imported Data with Demographic and Geographic Layers – Pro
Overall applications of MapBusinessOnline Standard and Pro have some differences:
- Basic Market Analysis Visualizations – Standard
- Sales Planning and Optimized Routing – Standard
- Advanced Map-based Market Analysis – Pro
- Market Area Profiles by Drive Time or Distance – Pro
- Concentric Circle Demographic Analysis by Drive Time or Distance – Pro
If your business is concerned about multiple locations and driving time-related analysis, or if you have an inordinate amount of location data to import, you should consider MapBusinessOnline Pro.
Are you using the MapBusinessOnline Desktop App for MAC or PC? It’s hipper than Instagram and it comes with your subscription. Impeach Adobe Flash Player!
Value-Added Resellers – Offer the tool to your customers as a reseller. Make money on training and consulting. Contact us with further interest in reselling MapBusinessOnline.
Win a $20 Gift Card! Refer a business associate to MapBusinessOnline in exchange for a $20 Amazon Gift Card!