Excel is one of the most widely used business spreadsheet programs. On its own, however, the raw data in an Excel spreadsheet can only tell you so much. Tools such as MapBusinessOnline make it easy to translate Excel documents into a visual format that can help you identify emerging trends and make impactful presentations. With Excel and MapBusinessOnline, you can:
- Overlay your sales data with current demographic information to gain a clearer picture of who your customers are.
- Create heat maps that show you where your busiest regions are.
- Analyze sales data and create custom territories that can define your team’s areas of responsibility.
- Export spatial query results as CSV files that can opened in Excel
On this page, you’ll learn how to create an Excel map with Map Business Online and look closely at some of the potential applications this feature has.
Working With Excel in Map Business Online
MapBusinessOnline works with both Excel 97-2003 (*.xls) and Excel 2007 or later (*.xlsx) files. If you use a supported CRM such as Salesforce, simply click on the “Plot data on map” toolbar icon and follow the provided instructions. You can also import.TXT files. You’ll have the chance to select the file, worksheet, or spreadsheet you want imported. The tool will help you define naming conventions and labeling through the import process. From there, you’ll be able to access MapBusinessOnline’s full suite of powerful symbolization and color shading tools to create customized maps and other visual aids based on your spreadsheet.
In some cases, if you are working with an unsupported format, achieving optimal results may require reorganizing your data sheets. The MapBusinessOnline website contains resources that can help you prepare an Excel file for mapping. The critical prep work is to make sure your address components are in separate columns – Name – Address – City – State – ZIP. Customers also have access to world-class one-on-one support, which puts assistance for any plotting or importing issue just a Chat away – or an email.
Who Can Benefit?
MapBusinessOnline is a versatile platform that offers a variety of location-based benefits to any business or organization. Using it to plot data on a map from an Excel document can be useful for:
- Businesses that rely on an inside or outside sales organization. MapBusinessOnline can help you track trends over time, identify underserved territories and make the best use possible of your sales team and other resources, all by leveraging your existing Excel sales data.
- ZIP Code Mapping Software – Excel spreadsheets, loaded with customers and prospects can be overlaid on a business map to expose opportunities by ZIP code or county.
- Franchises or multi-location businesses. Use Map Business Online to create heat maps from Excel data showing which locations are performing the best and where improvement may be needed. You can also use Map Business Online to identify areas with strong sales potential and plan the future of your business accordingly.
- Nonprofits and government agencies. Utility companies, contractors and social service providers can all use Map Business Online to translate Excel data into a visual format. Show who you serve and the impact you have on your community — whether you’re making a pitch to funders or trying to streamline your operations, Map Business Online helps you do more with your data.
- Healthcare agencies managing a staff of field clinicians. Map Business Online will enable organized views showing patient locations and available staff work or home location, color coded by skill set.
- Marketing departments will import campaign related spreadsheets for location analysis by demographics and to organize geographic segmentation of campaign lists. Tracking results by campaign will help determine where future campaigns will be tried.
- Insurance claims adjusters and underwriters will import a variety of datasets of assess risk, and to assess claim veracity and generally plan responses for individual claims and large disaster processing.
- Companies that have been using Microsoft MapPoint. Two years ago Microsoft canceled the powerful MapPoint business mapping software. But today there are plenty of MapPoint replacements including Map Business Online. Check out Map Business Online sales territory alignment, Map Business Online multi-stop optimized routing, or Map Business Online market analysis tools as replacements for your MapPoint capabilities.
Use MapBusinessOnline to map sales data, customer addresses, business unit and competitor locations, or any other information. Try this versatile, intuitive platform for yourself by signing up for a free one-month trial today.
Please access MapBusinessOnline via the downloadable Map App: https://www.mapbusinessonline.com/Apps.aspx
The Map App install is fast and easy. The App is a cloud-based service, once you’ve logged-in you’ll have access to all of your previously saved maps and data. The Map App is a better user experience and provides access to more features than the Web App. The Flash-based Web App is still available through this link https://www.mapbusinessonline.com/Map.aspx until December 15, 2020.
The Map App includes the new Map Viewer app for non-subscriber map sharing.
NEW! Refer a business associate to Map Business Online in exchange for a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Find out why over 25,000 business users log into www.MapBusinessOnline.com for their business mapping software and advanced sales territory mapping solution.
Contact: Geoffrey Ives email@example.com or Jason Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org (800) 425-9035